Australia’s 2013 Wine List of the Year Award has been won by Print Hall.
Head Sommelier Dan Wegener has won further acclaim with the wine list he developed for Print Hall named the country’s best.
Opening just 10 months ago, Print Hall was announced as the winner of Australia’s Wine List of the Year Award at a ceremony at Sydney’s Glass Brasserie on July 29. The awards, presented by premium wine distributor Fine Wine Partners and Gourmet Traveller Wine magazine, are judged by a panel of 28 leading wine experts led by Chairman of Judges Peter Forrestal.
Dan was also awarded the Judy Hirst Award, which recognises the country’s best Sommelier behind the coveted Wine List of the Year. Dan moved from Sydney’s renowned Quay restaurant to head up the wine programme at Print Hall and his list scooped the pools this year with a record-breaking haul of awards including;
- Winner: Australia’s Wine List of the Year
- Winner: Tony Hitchin Award for the Best New List in Australia
- Winner: Best Aperitif List in Australia
- Winner: Best Wine List of Western Australia
- Winner: Best Restaurant List (Metro) in Australia
- Winner: Judy Hirst Award – Sommelier Responsible for Australia’s Wine List of the Year
- Finalist: Best Digestive List in Australia
- Finalist: Best Listing of Australian Wines
Wine Glass Rating – Two Glass
- Bob’s Bar
- The Apple Daily Bar & Eating House
Wine Glass Rating – Three Glass
- Print Hall